Scholarship Deadline : December 31, 2017
Regular Deadline : February 1, 2018
All Admissions Materials have to be submitted by the above deadline. Applications for admission will be considered after the regular deadline on a space-available basis.
Admissions Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org or 82-(0)32-626-1162
1. Admissions Essay
Your essay should answer the following questions: What makes you a perfect candidate for FIT? Why are you interested in the major you are applying to? The essay is also your chance to tell us more about your experiences, activities and accomplishments. (No more than 750 words, please.)
If you are a transfer student, you will need to submit information about your in-progress courses, including course name and numbering and the name of the school you are currently attending.
2. School Transcripts
You must upload a scanned copy of your transcript(s) to the SUNY Korea FIT online application.
In addition, you are required to have all official secondary and post-secondary transcripts sent directly from your schools to FIT NYC. Transcripts may be sent by mail or hand-delivered in the sealed envelope to the address below. The date on the postmark needs to be before the application deadline.
Fashion Institute of Technology
Office of Admissions, Room C139
227 W. 27th St.
New York City 10001-5992
FIT will only accept academic documents that have been officially attested (bearing the stamp and signature of the Registrar or designated officer) and placed in a sealed envelope by the issuing institution or awarding authority.
*Students need to have their transcripts verified by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), excluding students in possession of a Korean transcript or transcripts from an English-based curriculum (United States, Canada, Britain, Australia, etc) including international schools regardless of country or location.
3. English Proficiency - TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Score
A current TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE score is required.
You must submit an electronic copy of your English proficiency test score to complete your application. In addition, you must arrange for your official score reports to be sent directly from the testing agency to the FIT main campus in New York City.
- TOEFL: A minimum TOEFL IBT score of 80 must be met. FIT NYC code: 2257
- IELTS: A minimum band score of 6.5 in the academic module must be met.
- PTE: A minimum score of 53 must be met.
The score must be no more than two years old from the date of application.
- The English proficiency test requirement can be waived for those who have completed four years of education in high schools where the medium of instruction is primarily in English, regardless of country or location (excluding ESL).
- Applicants who have completed an English composition course at a college in the U.S. are not exempt from taking the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE.
- For information about scheduling the TOEFL exam and obtaining score reports, visit www.ets.org/toefl. In the U.S. you may call 1.609.771.7100.
- For information about scheduling the IELTS and obtaining score reports, visit www.ielts.org.
- For information about scheduling the PTE and obtaining score reports, visit www.pearsonpte.com
4. Portfolio (*For Fashion Design students only)
Fashion Design applicants must submit a portfolio. You will be invited to submit your portfolio once your SUNY Korea FIT application has been received and processed by FIT.
※ Please do not submit any artwork with your application.
Fashion Business Management applicants do not need to submit a portfolio; materials received for Fashion Business Management majors will not be reviewed or considered.
5. SAT and ACT Scores (*Optional)
SAT and ACT test scores are not required for admissions purposes. They are required for placement into your English and Math classes at FIT. Use the SUNY Korea FIT school code 7442 when sending SAT scores, and code 7029 when sending ACT scores.
Students who have not taken the SAT or ACT exams will take the FIT Placement Exams before registering for any English, Math and Science courses.
Please be aware that documents submitted become the property of FIT and will not be returned. This includes official transcripts, test scores and portfolio submissions.