Priority Deadline: June 30, 2017
All Admissions Materials have to be submitted by the above deadline. Applications for admission will be considered after the priority deadline on a space-available basis (However, no later than July 31.)
Admissions Inquiries: email@example.com or 82-(0)32-626-1136
STEP ONE - File the SUNY Application Online
After you apply, you’ll receive confirmation that your application has been received. The first letter will come from the SUNY Application Services Center. The second confirmation will be sent from FIT to the email address indicated on your SUNY application and will contain your username and password for your MyFIT account.
It can take 7-10 days to receive the email from FIT after submitting the SUNY application.
STEP TWO – Submit FIT’s Supplemental Admissions Materials
After receiving the initial confirmation from FIT, you will receive a second email providing an individualized link to submit your essay, and, if you are a transfer student, a list of your in-progress courses.
Your essay should answer the following questions: What makes you a perfect candidate for FIT? Why are you interested in the major you are applying to? The essay is also your chance to tell us more about your experiences, activities and accomplishments. (No more than 750 words, please.) If you are a transfer student, you will be prompted to submit information about your in-progress courses, including course name and numbering and the name of the school you are currently attending.
Applicants who attended secondary or post-secondary school(s) outside the U.S. must have their credentials from those schools evaluated by World Education Services (WES)*. To ensure that your evaluation includes all of the information that FIT requires, please note:
• FIT's requirements may differ from WES's country-specific requirements
• FIT requires secondary school documents from all applicants, including transfer applicants who have completed post-secondary study
• All schools attended must be listed on WES's application as well
*All applicants educated outside the U.S. are required to have their credentials evaluated by WES.
ATTENTION: WES evaluations constitute non-binding advisory opinions only. Where FIT's assessment of any credential(s) differs from that of WES, FIT makes all final determinations regarding course/grade/credit/GPA equivalencies, degree equivalencies, and the award of any transfer credit for coursework completed (as provided in FIT's transfer credit evaluation).
Applicants with three-year bachelor's degrees:
Regardless of the outcome of the WES evaluation, FIT does not recognize the three-year bachelor's degree (from India, for example) as equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree.
Additional Application Materials
Art and Design applicants must submit a portfolio. You will be invited to submit your portfolio once your SUNY application has been received and processed by FIT. Please do not submit any artwork with your application.
Business and Technology applicants may not submit a portfolio and materials received for these majors will not be reviewed or considered.
English Proficiency - TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Score
• A current TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE score is required.
• TOEFL: A minimum TOEFL IBT score of 80 must be met.
• IELTS: A minimum band score of 6.5 in the academic module must be met.
• PTE: A minimum score of 53 must be met.
• The score must be no more than two years old from the date of anticipated enrollment.
• Applicants who have completed an English composition course at a college in the U.S. are not exempt from taking the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE.
• Students who have completed less than four years of English (not ESL) at a U.S. high school are required to take the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE.
• For information about scheduling the TOEFL exam and obtaining score reports, visit www.ets.org/toefl. In the U.S. you may call 1.609.771.7100.
• For information about scheduling the IELTS and obtaining score reports, visit www.ielts.org.
• For information about scheduling the PTE and obtaining score reports, visit www.pearsonpte.com
SAT and ACT Scores
SAT and ACT test scores are not required for admissions purposes. They are required for placement into your English and Math classes at FIT. Use SUNY Korea school code 7442 when sending SAT scores, and code 7029 when sending ACT scores.
Students who have not taken the SAT or ACT exams will take the FIT Placement Exams before registering for any English, Math and Science courses.
Please be aware that documents submitted become the property of FIT and will not be returned. This includes official transcripts, test scores and portfolio submissions.