Housing Information for New Students in Fall 2018Announcementㅣ2018-08-09 14:24
[A Quick Guide to Living on Campus]
1. Move-in with Resident Assistants (RAs) will be on Sunday, August 19.
- All new students are required to move in to the student housing during the move-in period before the New Student Welcome Week (
) in accordance with the SUNY Korea Residential College (RC) Live On Campus Requirement. Therefore, you must apply for 17 WEEKS.
*Please note that August 15 is Korean public holiday (Independence Day) so all offices on campus will be closed.
2. Important Dates
All new students are required to attend the New Student Welcome Week (Aug. 20-24, full day programs) so they are required to apply for 17 WEEKS for housing.
- Priority Application Period: July 6 - 22, 2018 (Closed)
- Additional Application Period: August 9 - 12, 2018 (Apply HERE)
- Length of Stay (17 WEEKS): August 20 - December 14, 2018
- Payment Deadline: August 12, 2018
· Double Occupancy (Dorm A): 1,009,000 KRW
· Single Occupancy (Dorm B): 1,594,000 KRW
- IGC Check-in (Move-in) Period for 17 Weeks:
· August 16 - 17 / 9AM - 6PM (Lunch Break: 12PM - 1PM)
· August 18 - 19 (Weekend) / 9AM - 5PM (Lunch Break: 12PM - 1PM)
- *Move-in with RAs: August 19 / 2PM - 5PM
3. Register IGC ID at IGC IT Center - To log into the IGC Housing website, you must use your IGC ID. Please register here for your IGC ID: itcenter.igc.or.kr
- You need to sign up with your personal e-mail address or official University e-mail address only.
· If your major/department is not listed in the IGC IT Center for signing up, please select "other".
· Stony Brook University generates the University e-mail account after you register the courses during the New Student Welcome Week. Once your University e-mail account is generated, please replace your e-mail information at IGC IT Center.
4. The Room fee MUST be paid no later than the deadline. - If you do not make full payment of the room fee before the deadline, you will not be allowed to move in to the student housing. Please be reminded that SUNY Korea is RESIDENTIAL COLLEGE and ALL students must reside on campus during the academic semester. If you do not live on campus, you CANNOT enroll in SUNY Korea.
Only tuberculosis (TB) test taken after June 1, 2018, are accepted. - X-ray report only. For the late or expired documents submitted, you will NOT be placed in a room until it is submitted.
5. Residential College Live On Campus Requirement*
All undergraduate students enrolled as full-time students will be required to live on campus housing during the academic year UNTIL YOU HAVE SATISFIED BOTH OF THE FOLLOWING:
· The student must complete all 4 semesters (Modules) of Residential College Program (6 credits earned), and
· The student must have completed U3 (Junior) at the undergraduate student level with 84 or more credits earned.
· The student must complete all 2 semesters (Modules) of Residential College Program, and
· The student must complete 3 regular semesters at the undergraduate student level with 51 or more credits earned.
*For information about exemptions from the Live On Campus Requirement, please email RC@sunykorea.ac.kr.
All the dates mentioned are subject to Change without notice. Please refer to the Housing Website at housing.igc.or.kr.
Should you have further question, please contact IGC Housing Office.
[Incheon Global Campus (IGC) Housing Office]
· Location: Student Housing A, #117
· E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Phone: 032-626-4856 (from Korea) / 82-32-626-4856 (from outside Korea)
· Website: housing.igc.or.kr