Recruitment: Spring 2019 NSWW Orientation LeadersAnnouncementㅣ2019-01-08 11:25
SUNY Korea is getting ready to meet a cohort of newly joining students at SUNY Korea in 2019 Spring semester with the support of SUNY Korea Undergraduate Student Council (USC).
To get ready for it, we are looking for student volunteers to participate as Orientation Leaders who can help the new students to adjust to the new environment. Because you had the same experience when you first arrived at SUNY Korea, we believe that our current students are the best helpers and supporters for the newcomers.
Please refer to the following details to consider applying for the position.
· Working Dates and Time:
o February 18-22 (Monday to Friday)
o 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. *Subject to change according to the daily schedule
· New Student Welcome Week: February 18-22 (Monday to Friday)
Feb. 18 (Mon)
Placement Exam Day
- Writing and Math Placement Exams
- International Student Orientation
Feb. 19 (Tue)
University Orientation Day
- Campus Tour
- Welcome Lunch
- Welcome Remarks
- Introduction to University
- Awake Make Share
- Vision Sharing
- Group Games
- Dinner with RAs
Feb. 20 (Wed)
Community Service Day
- Details to be decided
Feb. 21 (Thu)
Academic Orientation Day
- Housing Rules and Regulations
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Policies and Procedures
- University Requirement
- T-JTA Test
- Course Registration per Department
- Department Gathering
Feb. 22 (Fri)
- Parent's Orientation
· Orientation Leaders Training Session: Friday, February 15 at 1 PM
1. You must be enrolled AND matriculated in both Fall 2018 AND Spring 2019.
2. If you took a semester leave in 2018 Fall and wish to be re-matriculated in 2019 Spring, you still can apply for the position and your application will be reviewed depending on the vacancy.
3. Be motivated, outgoing, team-oriented, reliable, respectful, polite, professional and have pride in SUNY Korea community
4. FULL TIME ONLY (from Monday to Friday)
5. Lunch, dinner and volunteer hoodies will be offered.
6. If you need accommodation, you may apply for 17 WEEKS. Unfortunately, accommodation won't be provided by the university. (Housing Application Guidelines at housing.igc.or.kr no later than January 15, Tuesday).
7. It is mandatory to attend the orientation leader's training sessions on Friday, February 15 at 1 PM.
8. Those in leadership position (Resident Assistants/RA and USC) cannot apply for the Orientation Leader position.
9. How to apply: Fill out the online application form by 11:59 PM, Wednesday, January 9, 2019.
We look forward to seeing many current students apply with excitement to meet SUNY Korea's new students! Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.