Student Ambassador Program (SAP)Announcementㅣ2021-04-26 09:36
Student Ambassador Program (SAP)
The Student Ambassador Program is a leadership opportunity for students who are dedicated to serving and representing SUNY Korea. Student Ambassadors serve as the University’s liaisons with current students, prospective students and special guests. Since 2017, Student Ambassadors have been chosen to support and help “host” major campus functions including the various events on campus such as New Student Orientation and many other distinguished programs.
Provide SUNY Korea with student leaders who participate in an official capacity at special events throughout the year. This program, which brings together students from various academic disciplines and cultural backgrounds, serves to enrich and enhance leadership and communication skills, as well as develop personal and professional growth.
Period of Service
The Ambassador’s period of activity is designated as one full academic year, commencing in Fall semester.
Criteria for Membership
- · Academic Achievement
- · 3.0 GPA and full-time student status
- · A minimum of one semester completed at SUNY Korea
- · At least one full academic year remaining to serve as an Ambassador
- · Community service
- · Strong communication and leadership skills
- · Enthusiastic and positive personality
- · A sincere desire to represent SUNY Korea
- · The ability to work well with others and to be a successful team player
- · Keen knowledge of the University
Commitment of SAP
· Maintenance of a 3.0 GPA
· Assisting with the events run by SUNY Korea such as:
⇒ Serving as hosts at a variety of high-profile events on campus: meeting, greeting, and escorting visitors
⇒ Providing campus tours to guest
⇒ Answering general questions regarding SUNY Korea
⇒ Doing basic administrative tasks for outreach and recruitment activities under the direction of a member of the University staff
⇒ Korean-English translation for the guests (just for Koreans)
⇒ Wearing a school-provided Ambassador Uniform
⇒ Supporting both Commencement and Convocation in any administrative or organizational duties that are deemed suitable
- · Demonstration of high standards of professionalism at all times
- · Attendance at the Student Ambassador training session
Benefit for Students
· Though Ambassadors do not receive payment, they will receive benefits from meeting experts in their field through the many events during the year.
· They can develop a range of useful vocational skills including teamwork, communication skills, presentation skills and time management.
· Be a student leader
· Gain volunteer experience
· Student Ambassador Uniform (a suit consisting of a jacket, trousers, and a tie)
· Certificate of Appointment
· Complete the Application via Google Form (Essay must be a minimum of 200 words)
· Application and Reference Review
· Interview with Committee
· Results Announcement