Mtree 2018 Summer ProgramAnnouncementㅣ2018-06-08 15:13
- Mtree-Fashionforall-1.pdf (5.2M) 21회 다운로드 | DATE : 2018-06-08 15:13:17
Mtree 2018 Summer Program Aug 1 – Aug 10, 2018
(Application deadline is extended till June 16 (Sun.))
This year Mtree ( www.mtree.org ) will be working with children (Brush with Hope) and youth (Fashion for All) from DAYO (Dream Achievers Youth Organization - https://dreamachieverskenya.org /), a non-profitable community based organization that mitigates challenges young people by disseminating, educating and informing the community on issues of improvement on health, education, livelihood and social justice to children and young people. Fashion for All’s 1.5 week curriculum will focus on expressing and learning about self through fashion and presenting student's work as a fashion show on the last day. Each teacher will be responsible for a small group of students, but will be conducted as one class. Curriculum will include sketching, tie-dying, draping, leather goods, painting, draping, and pattern making.
Program Schedule and Needs Overview:
1) Dates: IN Tues 07/31 - All team OUT Sat 08/11 (Fri 08/10 will be last class + Mtree Festival) Location: Kilifi County, Mombasa, Kenya
2) Airport In: Malindi Airport (preferred) or Moi International - Please arrive by Tues 07/31 between morning and late afternoon. - Please refrain from early morning and late arrivals
3) Vaccination + Medication: Yellow Fever MUST, Malaria pills to cover 1.5 weeks
4) Visa: Apply via website http://evisa.go.ke - MUST have printed hard copy for entry - Please have scanned passport picture (5.5 x 5.5cm) ready before applying
Answers to Online Visa Questions: - Reason for Entry: Volunteer - Address: Prime Comfort Hotel B8, Mtwapa, Kenya - Local Phone#: +254 724 961 963 - Local email: email@example.com
5) Airfare is not covered by organization, but there is $500 Participation Fee that will take care of transportation (during the program), meal and lodging, and various program needs. Please have fee ready in U$ CASH upon arrival.
6) Although Mtree is not a religious organization, there will be morning and nightly service. Please let us know if you are comfortable attending.
7) There will be weekly meetings to brainstorm and discuss the curriculum. This is mandatory for all team members.
8) A huge bulk of our supplies are in Kenya already but we will also purchase additional items based on our class needs.
9) Please download, sign (print your name + date) the consent form attached, and email firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, June 16th (deadline extended) if you agree with all details in form and this email.
Please feel free to email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.