Teaching Assistant Professors - Intensive English CenterJOBㅣ2019-10-11 11:02
Faculty Positions at SUNY Korea
SUNY Korea, located in Incheon Free Economic Zone (IFEZ), is the first American campus to be established in South Korea. After opening its doors eight years ago, the campus has grown and now offers a variety of US degree programs in STEM, fashion design, and management. Currently, our campus is expanding, and we are pleased to offer a new position as a Teaching Assistant Professor (non-tenure track) at the Intensive English Center (IEC). We are looking for a sincere professional who can join our IEC team.
Teaching Assistant Professors in the IEC will:
· Teach a variety of academic courses according to the curriculum and standards of the SUNY Stonybrook campus. The courses, designed to prepare English learners for study in an American context, will total 19 hours per week.
· Have additional responsibilities that include counseling students, service in the IEC program, and other assignments designated by the director.
· Begin Spring, 2020
· A qualified English instructor (for English as a second language) with strong proficiency in English speaking.
· Preferred candidates will have an earned master’s degree from an accredited university in TESOL, English, Applied Linguistics, or a related field, with a minimum of three years teaching experience at the college level.
· Applicants with experience teaching writing are preferred.
Applicants with experience teaching in both ESL and EFL contexts
will also be preferred.
One-year contract starting around the beginning of February and renewable with satisfactory performance
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must first submit the following documents to Andrew Lasher at firstname.lastname@example.org:
· A cover letter
· A Curriculum Vitae
Later, additional documentation of qualifications (e.g., scanned copies of degrees, certificates of employment, and transcripts) will be required for shortlisted applicants.