AMS - Tenure-track Faculty Position in StatisticsJOBㅣ2019-11-19 15:41
SUNY Korea seeks applicants for a tenure-track faculty position in the areas of statistics, starting fall 2020. SUNY Korea is a global campus of Stony Brook University (SBU) and the State University of New York, offering degree programs from SBU’s College of Engineering and Applied Sciences (CEAS) and College of Business. SUNY Korea is part of the Songdo Global University Campus, which is shared with a number of leading universities worldwide. Songdo is a new town in close proximity to the Incheon International Airport, about 1 hour from Seoul. International high-tech firms have already located in Songdo, and relationships with industry are excellent. SUNY Korea provides its students with an American university experience in Korea with instruction in English. Its student body is international.
The faculty member will teach courses each semester in areas of statistics, conduct a vigorous research agenda and participate in department activities at SUNY Korea.
· Experience with American education (having taught in or received at least three or four years of his/her education in American higher education). Fluent English is a must.
· Ph.D. in statistics, probability or a related field
· Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate and graduate students.
· Skilled in cross-cultural communication and enthusiastic about new experiences.
Send electronic inquiries, applications, and nominations to Dr. Myoungshic Jhun, Professor and Chair, SUNY Korea, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Those interested in applying for the position should send the following items to Professor Jhun:
- · a cover letter summarizing education, research, teaching, and other experience as it relates to the faculty position
- · a curriculum vitae with full contact information
- · a teaching statement
- · a research statement
- · a list of at least three professional references
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.