FIT - Math Adjunct Faculty PositionJOBㅣ2020-05-12 09:13
Thank you for considering SUNY Korea-FIT in your search.
About SUNY Korea-FIT:
SUNY Korea was established by the Korean Government as the first American university in Korea with undergraduate and graduate degree programs. To provide the same quality of education under the State University of New York system, all programs are identical to Stony Brook University (SBU) and Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT). The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) is an internationally renowned college of art, design, business, and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts. SUNY Korea-FIT invites applications for an adjunct teaching position for its mathematics courses.
SUNY Korea-FIT is recruiting applicants for a possible adjunct teaching position to teach the mathematics course below. There is one course available for teaching in Fall 2020. The course will be taught in English.
MA 142 — Geometry and the Art of Design (1 section in Fall, for FD)
3 credits; 3 lecture hours
A contemporary primer of geometric topics that expand the concepts of shape and space, this course presents some of the established and emerging ways geometry can provide tools and insights for artists and designers. Included are a variety of visual phenomena such as fractals, knots, mazes, symmetry, and the golden ratio. (G2: Mathematics)
The successful candidate will have:
At least a Master's Degree, as well as thirty (30) additional and appropriate graduate credits and/or evidence of scholarly achievement, professional activities and teaching experience
- Fluent English skills because SUNY Korea is an English-speaking institution
- At least one year (two semesters) of college level teaching experience in English
- Effective teaching skills and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with students and colleagues
Please submit the below documents in English via email at email@example.com
- Cover Letter (PDF format)- Curriculum Vitae (PDF format)
- The names and contact information for two professional references.
- Official University Transcripts will be requested at time of hire.
If you have any inquiries, please call at 032-626-1126.
Application Due:Friday, May 29th, 2020