Part-time/Full-time Professor - GeologyJOBㅣ2020-06-04 17:04
Part-time/Full-time Professor - Geology
About SUNY Korea:
SUNY Korea is the first American university in Korea established in 2012. SUNY Korea offers seven Undergraduate and four Graduate degree programs; Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Technological Systems Management, Applied Mathematics and Statistics, and Business Management through Stony Brook University (SBU), and Fashion Design and Fashion Business Management through Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT).
In order to fulfill graduation requirements, SUNY Korea students are required to take various General Education courses in addition to their major courses. Thus, the Faculty of Sciences and Humanities (FSH) has opened various General Education courses. SUNY Korea is recruiting applicants for a Part-time/Full-time teaching position to teach a geology course.
The candidate should be able to teach the following courses:
· GEO 102: The Earth (3 credits)
A summary of the processes that have shaped the earth and the other terrestrial planets as inferred from study of their surface materials, structural features, and interiors. Topics include the earth in the solar system; earth materials and rock-forming processes; surface processes and their bearing on human activities; crustal deformation and global tectonics; the earth's interior; and the geological features, compositions, and evolution of the terrestrial planets. Not for credit in addition to GEO 122.
*All courses in SUNY Korea are taught in English.
The successful candidate will have:
- Master or Ph.D. degree in geology or in a closely related field
- Excellence in teaching geology at the undergraduate level
- High level of proficiency in English
- Experience with an online learning platform and leveraging technology in learning
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please note that a background check is required for appointment to this position. Applications must be submitted to email@example.com.
Online applications are strongly encouraged.
- Letter of interest clearly indicating qualifications for the position
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- A minimum of two professional references, including names, titles, addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail address.
- Copy or scan of academic transcript and degree certificate from all colleges and universities attended. (Official University Transcripts will be requested at time of hire.)
Application Deadline: Tuesday, June 30, 2020