Full-time Faculty Position in BiologyJOBㅣ2020-07-15 13:12
SUNY Korea Full-time Faculty Position in Biology
Located near the coast of Incheon Free Economic Zone (IFEZ), SUNY Korea is the frontrunner of global education and the first American university established in Korea. Since its establishment in 2012, SUNY Korea has made tremendous progress both in its quantity and quality of education. SUNY Korea, as an extension campus of the State University of New York at Stony Brook (Stony Brook University, SBU) and Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in New York, provides select degree programs that are identical to those at SBU and FIT. SUNY Korea currently offers Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Technological Systems Management, Applied Mathematics and Statistics, and Business Management programs through SBU, and Fashion Design and Fashion Business Management programs through FIT. In addition to the major courses in these programs, SUNY Korea also offers various General Education courses such as Biology, Physics, Geology, History, Political Science, etc. In order to strengthen our educational capacity further, SUNY Korea is constantly expanding its programs and recruiting prominent faculty from all over the world.
The Faculty of Science and Humanities (FSH) department at SUNY Korea invites applications for a full-time faculty with specialty in Biology to start in Spring 2021. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate Biology courses. The courses will mostly be at the introductory level as General Education courses and possibly more advanced course(s) if there are interests. The faculty could develop an interest for the students in such a course or two. The teaching load for this position is three courses (9 credit hours) per semester. Being passionate about teaching and Biology is a must!
- Ph.D. in Biology or a closely related field
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching Biology at the college level
- Excellent command of English (all instruction is in English)
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Teaching experience in an English-speaking institution preferred
- High standard of professional integrity expected
- Location: Songdo, Incheon, Republic of Korea
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with qualification and experience
- Visa: SUNY Korea sponsors work visa (E1) for full-time international faculty
- Housing: Complimentary campus housing provided for full-time international faculty
- Background screening required for appointment
- Timeline: Online interviews for shortlisted candidates to be done in October 2020
- Cover letter
- Teaching statement
- At least three professional references (name, title, phone number, and e-mail address of each reference). Faculty HR may contact the references.
- Copy or scan of Academic Transcripts and Degree Certificates from all colleges and universities attended. Original university transcripts will be requested at the time of appointment
Applicants who are interested in this position should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of the applications will begin on September 1, 2020, and continue until the position is filled. For more information or inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
For information about SUNY Korea, visit our website: www.sunykorea.ac.kr.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2020