Adjunct Faculty Position in MeteorologyJOBㅣ2021-06-16 16:11
- SUNY Korea - Meteorology Adjunct Professor Fall 2021.docx (19.5K) 13회 다운로드 | DATE : 2021-06-16 16:11:51
SUNY Korea Adjunct Faculty Position in Meteorology
Located near the coast of Incheon Free Economic Zone (IFEZ), SUNY Korea is the frontrunner of global education and the first American university established in Korea. Since its establishment in 2012, SUNY Korea has made tremendous progress both in its quantity and quality of education. SUNY Korea, as an extension campus of the State University of New York at Stony Brook (Stony Brook University, SBU) and Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in New York, provides select degree programs that are identical to those at SBU and FIT. SUNY Korea currently offers Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Technological Systems Management, Applied Mathematics and Statistics, and Business Management programs through SBU, and Fashion Design and Fashion Business Management programs through FIT. In addition to the major courses in these programs, SUNY Korea also offers various General Education courses such as Biology, Physics, Geology, History, Social Science, Political Science, etc. In order to strengthen our educational capacity further, SUNY Korea is constantly expanding its programs and recruiting prominent faculty from all over the world.
The Faculty of Science and Humanities (FSH) at SUNY Korea invites applications for an adjunct faculty with specialty in Meteorology to start in Fall 2021. The successful candidate will teach the following undergraduate Meteorology course. Being passionate about teaching and Meteorology is a must!
· ATM 102: Weather and Climate (3 credits)
Introduces the nature and causes of common meteorological phenomena, severe weather occurrences, and climatic patterns. Topics include formation and movement of air masses and large-scale storms; techniques for weather prediction; weather satellites; hurricanes, tornadoes, and thunderstorms; cloud and precipitation types; the climatic history of the earth; and actual and potential effect of human activities on weather and climate, and of weather and climate on humans.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ph.D. degree in Meteorology or in a closely related field
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching Meteorology at the college level
- Excellent command of English (all instruction is in English)
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Teaching experience in an English-speaking institution preferred
- High standard of professional integrity expected
- Online teaching experience preferred
- Location: Songdo, Incheon, Republic of Korea
- Compensation: Around 5.5 million KRW per semester
- Background screening required for appointment
- Timeline: Online interviews for shortlisted candidates will begin on July 15th, and will continue until the position is filled.
- Cover letter
- Teaching statement
- At least two professional references (name, title, phone number, and e-mail address of each reference). Faculty HR may contact the references.
- Copy or scan of Academic Transcripts and Degree Certificates from all colleges and universities attended. Original university transcripts will be requested at the time of appointment
Applicants who are interested in this position should submit their applications to email@example.com. Review of the applications will begin on July 15, 2021, and continue until the position is filled. For more information or inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about SUNY Korea, visit our website: www.sunykorea.ac.kr.
Application Deadline: Application CLOSED