SUNY KoreaHistory makers,
we change the world
[Important] Precautions for Preventing Novel Coronavirus InfectionSUNY Koreaㅣ2020-02-06 15:27
Novel coronavirus infection Prevention dos and don'ts
Major symptoms: Fever, pneumonia, respiratory symptoms cough, sore throat, etc.
- - If you experience respiratory symptoms such as cough, wear a mask (mandatory when visiting health facilities).
- - If you are traveling to China, Do not touch animals (including poultry).
- - Avoid contact with people who have a fever or respiratory symptoms cough, sore throat, etc.
- - Wash hands in running water for over 30 seconds and cover your mouth with your sleeve when coughing
- If you experience symptoms* after visiting China, consult with the local health center or KCDC call center at 1339.
* Major symptoms: Pneumonia, fever, respiratory symptoms(cough, sore throat, etc.)-
- Wear a mask*
* Especially when going out or visiting health facilities
- Inform your travel history, when visiting selected clinics* and health facilities
* For more information on selected clinics: Call local health centers or call at your area code + 120
The updates on the novel Coronavirus in Republic of Korea:
Recommendations for Preventing Novel Coronavirus Infection
- Wash your hands with soap and water especially your palms and under your fingernails
- Cover your mouth with your sleeve when coughing!
- Wear a mask when visiting health facilities with respiratory symptoms (coughing, etc)
- Inform your travel history to medical staff when visiting health facilities
- Please consult with the KCDC call center at 1339 if you are suspicious of contracting an infectious disease
Recommendations when travelling to affected area in China
- Do not touch animals (including poultry)
- Avoid visiting to local markets and health facilities
- Do not contact with people who have a fever or respiratory symptoms (coughing, difficulty in breathing, etc.)
- Wear a mask when coughing
- Cover your mouth with your sleeve when coughing
- Comply with personal hygiene recommendations
- Report the health questionnaire upon arrival, after travelling to infected regions in China
* If you have a fever and respiratory symptoms within 14 days of returing to home
Please consult with the KCDC call center at 1339 or public health center
Korea Centers for Disease Control & Prevention