FITSUNY Korea leads the future of higher education
[Important] SUNY Korea Update on CoronavirusSUNY Koreaㅣ2020-02-06 19:22
Dear SUNY Korea Community,
Recognizing that the outbreak of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus is a serious international public concern, SUNY Korea has been closely monitoring the issue and making appropriate changes to ensure the safety of our students, faculty, and staff. With the safety of SUNY Korea Community being our foremost priority, we are actively collaborating with the Ministry of Education and Incheon Global Campus to take the best possible preventive measures for our campus.
We would like to announce several updates to the Spring 2020 schedule:
1. The Spring 2020 New Student Welcome Week (Orientation) has been officially canceled. All the placement exams and course registrations will be happening in small groups (less than 20 students and staff per room). The modified schedule is as follows:
We strongly encourage SUNY Korea Community members,
including new students, to wear air masks both in and outdoors while
participating in the above sessions. Air masks will be available at the exam
and course registration locations as well. Additionally, please utilize the
hand sanitizers that are placed at the SUNY Korea academic buildings.
2. The Spring 2020 Convocation and Parent Information Session have been postponed to the Fall 2020 semester. The Fall 2020 semester Convocation and Parent Information Session will be hosting both the Spring 2020 and Fall 2020 new students and families.
3. The first day of classes for the Spring 2020 semester has been postponed to Monday, March 2, 2020. The updated SBU and FIT Spring 2020 Academic Calendars are on our website. Due to the schedule change, the tuition payment due date has been extended to Tuesday, February 28, 2020.
4. Faculty Orientation date has been postponed to February 25, 2020. Only new faculty members will participate in the Faculty Orientation with Deans and Department Chairs. The orientation will be held at Academic Building A402.
5. Students can move into the IGC dormitory from February 17, 2020. If students want to commute for their safety, a late Check-In for Student Housing will be allowed upon their requests to the IGC Housing Office (https://housing.igc.or.kr/, +82-32-626-4856). Please follow the attached safety guidelines regarding residential life.
Please refer to the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC)'s website for timely updates. SUNY Korea will continue to monitor the situation of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus and provide updates as appropriate.
President of SUNY Korea