SUNY Korea Counselling Center is recruiting for counselor(s) to provide counseling to students, faculty, and staff.
1. Job Types: Part-time Counselor (2-3 days per week)
2. Minimum Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree or higher in mental health counseling, social work, psychology or a closely-related field
- Currently licensed as an LCSW, LMFT, or psychologist
- At least three years of professional mental health counseling experience
- Well-developed communication skills and basic computer skills
3. Preferred Qualifications: Counseling experience in higher education
4. Language: English required because SUNY Korea is an English speaking institution
5. Job Responsibilities: A counselor provides counseling to students through individual, group, and crisis counseling and interventions for the benefit of the campus community. A counselor also provides support for any crisis-oriented situation that may arise for students and participates in on-call/crisis addressing student emergencies, which include, but are not limited to, suicidal ideation, emotional disruptions, and mental health crisis. A counselor is responsible for updating files and keeping complete and accurate records of counseling sessions including progress notes and clinical reports. A Counselor is also involved in originating, planning, coordinating, and implementing psychoeducational programs/counseling groups for the students.