Located near the coast of Incheon Free Economic Zone (IFEZ), SUNY Korea is the frontrunner of global education and the first American university established in Korea. Since its establishment in 2012, SUNY Korea has made tremendous progress both in its quantity and quality of education. SUNY Korea, as an extension campus of the State University of New York at Stony Brook (Stony Brook University, SBU) and Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in New York, provides select degree programs that are identical to those at SBU and FIT. SUNY Korea currently offers Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Technological Systems Management, Applied Mathematics and Statistics, Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Business Management programs through SBU, and Fashion Design and Fashion Business Management programs through FIT. In addition to the major courses in these programs, SUNY Korea also offers various General Education courses such as Biology, Physics, Geology, History, Social Science, Political Science, Language, Music, Arts, etc. In order to strengthen our educational capacity further, SUNY Korea is constantly expanding its programs and recruiting prominent faculty from all over the world.
The Faculty of Science and Humanities (FSH) at SUNY Korea invites applications for an adjunct faculty with specialty in Biology to start in Fall 2023. The successful candidate will teach the following undergraduate introductory level Biology courses. The teaching load for this position is two courses (6 credit hours) per semester. Being passionate about teaching and Biology is a must!
BIO 201: Fundamentals of Biology – Organisms to Ecosystem (3 credits)
An introduction to the major concepts in evolution, ecology, and biodiversity at the genetic, organismal, community, and ecosystem levels. Topics are presented in relation to five overall themes: Nature and Process of Science, Evolution, Information Flow, Systems, and Structure-Function.
SC 121: Introduction to Biological Science (3 credits)
Examines the fundamentals of biology with emphasis on molecular, cell, and organismal biology. Biotic diversity, evolution, and genetics are also presented.
The successful candidate will have:
- Master or Ph.D. in Biology or a closely related field
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching Biology at the college level
- Excellent command of English (all instruction is in English)
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Teaching experience in an English-speaking institution preferred
- High standard of professional integrity expected
- Location: Songdo, Incheon, Republic of Korea
- Compensation: Around 11 million KRW for teaching two courses per semester
- Background screening required for appointment
- Timeline: Online interviews for shortlisted candidates will begin on June 1, 2023, and will continue until the position is
- Cover letter
- Teaching statement
- At least two professional references (name, title, phone number, and e-mail address of each reference).
Faculty HR may contact the references.
- Copy or scan of Academic Transcripts and Degree Certificates from all colleges and universities attended.
Original university transcripts will be requested at the time of appointment.
Applicants who are interested in this position should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of the applications will begin on May 22, 2023, and continue until the position is filled. For more information or inquiries, please contact email@example.com
For information about SUNY Korea, visit our website: www.sunykorea.ac.kr