[URGENT] SUNY Korea-FIT Adjunct Faculty Position in Fashion Business Management
Writer FBM DepartmentDate Created 2022.08.04Hits408
FIT-Fashion Business Management Adjunct Faculty Positions
Thank you for considering FIT at SUNY Korea in your search.
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of art and design, business and technology, of the State University of New York, invites nominations and applications for adjunct faculty positions in the Fashion Business Management program at the FIT at SUNY Korea in Songdo, Korea. The Fashion Institute of Technology, a part of the State University of New York, has been a leader in career education in art, design, business, and technology for over 70 years. With a curriculum that provides a singular blend of hands-on, practical experience, classroom study, and a firm grounding in the liberal arts, FIT offers a wide range of outstanding programs that are relevant to today’s rapidly changing industries. Internationally renowned, the college offers two majors, and grants AAS degrees in Korea in Fashion Business Management and Fashion Design, preparing students for professional success and leadership in the global marketplace.
The ideal candidate will be a business professional with fashion experience in marketing, merchandising, buying, planning, product development, leadership, or retail management and a strong knowledge of emerging trends in the field. In addition to having unquestioned professional ability, the ideal candidate should demonstrate interest or experience in teaching; the ability to develop innovative curricular instruction; actively participate in departmental and FIT at SUNY Korea committee work; display a commitment for the fashion industry; and possess a desire to convey this excitement to the students. This exciting opportunity is ideal for an accomplished professional executive who possesses a command of the discipline and a vision for the future. All teaching will be in English.
Courses on Offer:
The candidate should be able to teach the following fashion/business course;
- Master’s degree and minimum of seven (7) years as an executive in the fashion industry
- Business (or Fashion Business) /Marketing channel management / Global marketing/ Brand management / E-business major/work experience preferred.
- Ability of utilizing creative tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, CAD, and CLO.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in teaching at the undergraduate level.
Master’s degree strongly preferred. Preference will be given to candidates who possess several or all the above listed qualifications.
- Demonstrates and utilizes basic Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint technologies.
- Commitment to updating technological skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate through technology and utilize college course management system and FIT portal.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, August 10, 2022
There are one or more faculty positions in this department at SUNY Korea that will begin in Fall 2022. Review of applications will commence in August and if you are successful in the first round, you will be invited for an interview and a demo lecture will be followed for the successful candidates. The salary and appointment rank will be based on education level and cumulative experience. Please note a background check is required for an appointment to this position. Applications must be submitted to email@example.com.
Online applications are strongly encouraged.
- Letter of interest, in English, clearly indicating qualifications for the position
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume in English
- A minimum of two professional references, including names, titles, addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail contact information
- Copy or scan of academic transcript and degree certificate in English from all colleges and universities attended. (Official University Transcripts will be requested at time of hire.)
Please note: due to the volume of applications, we will not be able to contact each applicant individually. Additional information about the Fashion Institute of Technology can be found at: www.fitnyc.edu.
한국뉴욕주립대학교 FIT – 패션경영학과겸임교수직
FIT (The Fashion Institute of Technology)는뉴욕주립대학산하에있는예술, 디자인, 기술, 및경영분야를다루는세계적인대학입니다. 대한민국송도에위치한한국뉴욕주립대학교에 FIT과정이설립됨에따라패션경영학과겸임교수직에추천또는지원을받고있습니다. 뉴욕주립대학소속의 FIT는, 70년넘게미술, 디자인, 경영및기술분야교육을이끌어왔습니다. 직접경험할수있는실용적인교육, 교실내강의및기초가확실한교양교육들로이루어진커리큘럼을통하여, FIT는급변하는오늘날의산업에적합한프로그램들을제공하고있습니다. 세계적인명성의 FIT는글로벌시장에서전문성과리더십을갖춘학생을양성하기위하여한국에서패션경영학과및패션디자인학과의준학사과정을제공하고있습니다.